Emergency planning committee
The Emergency Planning Committee (EPC) is responsible for identifying characteristics of the site (such as building features), its occupants, risk analysis derived from a range of bushfire scenarios and possible consequences for occupants and assets.
The EPC is defined as the persons responsible for the documentation and maintenance of an emergency plan.
The EPC is responsible for:
- Establishing and implementing emergency plans and procedures;
- Identifying duties and responsibilities of positions;
- Formulating emergency procedures;
- Ensuring staff, students, parents and visitors are educated and trained on emergency procedures;
- Ensuring all occupants are aware of the emergency procedures for the site; and
- Regularly reviewing the plan to ensure it remains practical and current.